Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday with Hannah


Although I did not spend the whole day with my lovely, the most interesting time of my day was spent with her, as usual. Sooo i've learned that having an 8 o' clock class sucks. It sucks even worse when the class you're taking is an english class that feels like it should've been offered to middle schoolers who don't know what comma splices are. I totally get the whole "trying to develop our writing skills" aspect about this class, but when you spend about a whole month on grammar and spelling I feel that it should've been called
GRAMMAR
or
SPELLING
not Composition. I also feel that if you don't know the difference between an in-text citation and an out of text citation then you shouldn't be taking a college level english class. Oh and don't even get me started on people who don't know how to spell correctly. Simple words should not be misspelled. First off, teacher don't pair me up with someone who really isn't awake at 8 o'clock in the morning and who sits in the back of the room and doesn't participate in our class. Rule Number Two, do not pair me up with someone to peer edit my paper who misspells "believe" and spells it "belive"....multiple times on a handwritten copy of his paper. I feel that if this person would've taken the time to type his paper instead of handwrite his paper very sloppily, obviously late the night before, then we wouldn't have this problem in the first place. Come on people think... duhhh Spell Check at least. GRRRR Anyway. After my english class...Buh... I went to get breakfast at the UC which was not that exciting. Actually it was a moving experience, if you will. I had ordered a veggie omelette with a piece of toast and jam very good and very healthy. After that experience I went to my voice class where I heard my favorite song from Children of Eden composed by Stephen Schwartz sung by my friend Cody Heuer. After that exciting event my day actually started to take shape. I had lunch with Hannah at the River Campus and talked to our Costume Shop Supervisor about a mask workshop that I am co-directing on Saturday. Basically times, details, and what needs to happen. I was then able to greet all the dancers that were returning from ACDFA in Illinois. My roomie and a couple of our floormates were in the crowd and they recieved a very warm welcome. Now is the time that the Theatre and Dance department decide to have advising sessions with their students to plan for next semester and get schedules done. This is the most hectic time of the semester for me since I am only a freshman and have so many options and choices to take whatever I want. It's so hard because I want to stay on track with my theatre classes but I also have university studies that I need to worry about getting credit for. So I did plan out some of my schedule before I had a terrific time shopping for records at Pastimes Antiques in Downtown Cape and browsing the floor of Annie Lauries with Hannah. Hannah and I had a delicious dinner at our favorite Thai spot Cafe & Me, of course Phad Thai and a Bubble Jasmine Milk Tea was in my belly before we left. That was basically my day, right now I'm over at Hannah's blogging since I was going to help her try and study for her Theatre History test that is supposed to happen tomorrow, but realized I couldn't do much. I feel that most students are frustrated with the system now a days and how everything is supposed to work but really never does and there is always slips and flaws that go unnoticed, so to help with venting I think that Hannah has found the perfect facial expression and I'd like to share it with you now :)


Thought this was a great way to end the blog session. Goodnight !

No comments:

Post a Comment