Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cafe & Me/ River North Dance Company




So on Monday my girlfriend went to a master dance class and got the chance to experience working with a choreographer from the River North Dance Company based out of Chicago. She had voiced to me that she would like to go to see them Tuesday night since they were performing at the Theatre. I thought to myself, what a nice night to spend with her and maybe take her out to dinner before the show. So as the day went on I couldn't stop thinking about the time we would spend together that evening. The time finally came around and before we left to dinner we watched Royal Wedding with Fred Astaire and Jane Powell and a bit of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Something that we are nuts about is old movies so you can almost always bet that whenever we have down time that is what we do, watch TCM, God's gift to life :) Anyway after laundry was folded and movies were watched we decided to go out for some Thai food before the Dance concert. There is a divine little spot in CG called Cafe & Me, one of my girlfriends favorite places to eat, mostly because they are one of the only places in CG that serve BUBBLE TEA mmmmm. That was my first time drinking BUBBLE TEA and I must say I will be going back and getting me some today after class. Now if you've never had bubble tea........well YOU HAVE TO!!! Stop reading right now and go get some haha :) Just kidding continue reading then go get some. Bubble Tea is made with these huge tapioca pearls that are so good, at first it seemed kind of wierd because its like you're drinking milk with little eyeballs in it, but after one sip and a bubble you will want more. MMM so we got our food from the waiter who was a very nice guy who made conversation with us, I got the Phad Thai which is noodles, crushed peanuts, lime slice, and DELICIOUS TOFU!!! and my girlfriend got Tom Yum Noodles which looked delicious as well with huge tofu chunks. After dinner we made our way to the theatre, her in her dress and I in my blazer, we felt very grown up being dressed up to go to the theatre. It made me a bit sad that people in our age bracket don't normally do that or get dressy for outtings anymore. Oh 1942 come back!!! The performance was amazing they did an amazing job and had us talking about the show the whole way home they did everything from Modern dancing to a beatbox track to Afro-Cuban, which I was super excited for since im familiar with cuban dance. Well we then called it a night and I proceeded to get the clothes out of the dryer for her (left them to dry while we went to the show....the washer didnt spin them out so they were soaked) and walked her up to her door, gave her a kiss and said goodnight. It made me think the whole way back to my room, does this happen anymore? Does the feeling of satisfaction and content comfortable-ness, if you will, happen anymore with other couples just because you spend a couple of hours with the person that is special to you. It blows my mind when other people I know that are dating don't take the time to take advantage of the simple things that can make you happy they think that it takes a millionaire or fame or whatever else there is, but I'm no millionaire and im not famous and it seems that she is still happy that I even care to take her out and spend the time that I do have now with her. Well just a thought to put out there for everyone. Sorry to end so abrupt... but I must go to class. Bye, Pictures will come soon


River North Chicago Dance - http://www.rivernorthchicago.com/default1.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment