Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ending Sin Week



As most of you know that have been following this blog, my life, for the past week, has centered around discoveries and adventures in food. Well...I have decided to end that today, marking it as the the end of "Sin Week". This remarkable tradition happens a week after every production that I do. I'm not proud of this tradition but I think I deserve it and it makes up for all the time and crappy food and diets and workout routines I had to endure during the run of a show. For Carousel I was on a High Fiber, High Protien, and vitaman diet which helped me slim down and muscle up before opening night. Now that I am back to "normal people life" I have to get used to every day cuisine. But this isn't about the future this is what happened today. I was really excited around noon when Hannah suggested we go to Cafe & Me, the great little Thai place across the street from me. Well my luck, I call and find myself listening to a recorded saying that they will be closed until Tuesday. Ridiculous :/ I guess that means no bubble tea and no Phad Thai for JoJo. Since Hannah suggested Cafe & Me she said it was my turn and to think of a place while she was out running around and to let her know where I wanted to go when she was done. I was really in the mood for Thai or Chinese or something like that and realized that we hadn't yet been to Saffron Bistro. OOOOOO AAAHHHHH SAFFRONS :) This place is beyond all sushi places I have ever been to. Very ritzy and cozy with great food. We ordered edamame, one avacado roll, one asparagus roll and one St. Louis roll. My first time having fish eggs on my sushi, I'm usually a sushi faker that only gets cream cheese rolls. These things were delicious and I liked the popping sound they made in my mouth when I crunched them. After that fresh and new experience our main course came... Phad Thai... I thought that I wouldn't get any... But I wsas wrong haha. I actually prefer Cafe & Me's tofu, it's firmer and has a better taste but I wasn't complaining at all at this point, I was just happy to have the Phad in from of me. One thing that me and the lovely girl have made tradition is getting dessert. It's not fair to not have a sweet little ending to your meal. We usually can't decide between desserts so we just ordered two things and shared them. One dessert was Mochi.
MMMMMM my favorite in the whole wide world, it is a Japanese ice cream that has a gelatin skin around it so it gives your dessert a little texture. Hannah's pick was fried bananas with a honey sesame dipping sauce. Girl knows how to order dessert, i can tell you that. After a great end to Sin Week we were much satisfied with the dining choice and were full to the brim. The night was full of laughing at the stars of the red carpet and critiques on the fashion of some magnificent actors at the Academy Awards. I must say it was a gran noche, a great night.

.... Lydia if you are indeed reading these this picture is just for you *** notice the orange fish eggs***

No comments:

Post a Comment