Monday, March 8, 2010

A day filled with good eats and great friends.




Saturday is by far my favorite day of the week and of course a perfect day to spend with friends on an adventure. That's exactly what happened, we took a mini road trip :) Carly, Izzy, Hannah and I. We took off on a beautiful day 30 minutes South of CG to a place called Sikeston where there is a very fun restaurant called LAMBERTS. Now I know tha most of my blogs are about food, I've come to realize that if there is one thing that brings friends together it is a good meal and that's just what brought friends together this day. If there is only one thing you know about Lamberts it's that they have a deal where they throw these huge softball size rolls, and you better hope you catch them or you may get whopped in the head. So anyway we get to Sikeston and head over to Lamberts and go up to the lady at the counter outside and ask for a table for 4, she gives a number.... 490...... they were like on 449 when we got there. It took forever for them to call our number, so by the time we got to sit down we were starving. Me and Hannah were dying of thirst so we couldnt wait to get these huge cups full of ice cold..whatever we wanted. There were servers walking around with pots and bowls of different "side style" foods like fried okra and tomato pasta, we were pretty upset because it took so long for our food and we didn't have any plates to put these yummy extra sides on :( We finally got our food and gobbled most of our food up but being that we all had had at least one roll with butter or molasses, or honey we were pretty full when we were done eating. The trip was so fun and probably the best part was just being with my friends and just having fun. It's been a really long time since I had just spent a day with some people I love, it's been go go go for me since I've been out of high school, this day kind of reminded me that I should relax more and just live the day just as a day and not a scheduled, structured, listed chore. This is a result of my happiness due to that thought.

The night only got better as I was asked to provide some smooth 1940's tunes to the lovely people in Cape Girardeau at the annual CCM Wine Tasting event at Deerfield Lodge... Here are some pictures....









No comments:

Post a Comment