Monday, March 8, 2010

First, First Friday :)


It was nice, after this long limbo week, to just spend time with Hannah and relax, go out to dinner, and watch a psychological thriller. It had been a pretty laid back day and week actually, but it just felt very long. I didn't have class all day Friday so I was able to sleep in and get some built up laundry folded and put away. After I had been cooked up in my room for half the day I had made my way to the apartment complex that I am looking to live in next year. I was really suprised at how nice the lady is and how helpful she is, sooooo in about a week or so ill make a payment to have my name put on the next available space :) super exciting huh? After I picked up an application, I headed over to Hannah's and found her waiting patiently for the UPS lady to come and deliver some stuff she had ordered. so we waited...and waited...and waited... and......waited, until the packages finally came. We could finally leave to begin our exciting evening. We were super hungry and had been wanting to eat somewhere where we hadn't been together before, Bella Italia sounded like the perfect place to satisfy our hunger. I will say one thing about Bella Italia.... I have never had such yummy bread before my meal before. I was very impressed with the food and had to take most of my vegetarian pizza home. We were going to get dessert but after 1 1/2 gigantic rolls and our entree we were stuffed and ready to just nap it off until tomorrow. BUT we had an agenda. One thing about the first Friday of the month in Cape is that most of the stores downtown have special things in their store, or they are just super nice. Annie Laurie's has friendly service all the time, but this night everybody seemed very happy and helpful. We looked around the store for some fun little items and actually picked up a couple record and a custard bowl set. Now I had been looking for a kitchen canister set for Hannah during the week because I noticed that she just kept her flour and sugar in their bags and thought she outta have some containers to keep it in. Wouldn't you know that there was a perfect set in the basement of the store. The most exciting thing at that moment for me was finding a comfy lounge chair and a french style couch that I would love to put in my new apartment. So we walk up to the counter to pay for all our finds and I ask Laurie how much she wanted for the chair and couch and she gave a really good price... I was so excited I asked if she could hold it for me and told her I was for sure coming back to claim. :) After the excitement of speaking for a chair and couch we started off to the movie theatre to see Shutter Island.
I thought that it was a great movie, I was really confused about the whole two-story plot and how everything happened and especially with all the names because after people started to not really exist and be other people it got real confusing. I walked out and told Hannah, "I think that movie made me insane because I don't even know what just happened." Haha it was a goodnight and one that was filled with a lot of adventure and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment